Thursday 5 January 2012

A Subjective History of 2011 in 23 Pictures

Looking hard at the world is an act of insubordination in the face of capitalist [sur]realism.
Please scroll down for a [con- sub- and para-] textual catalogue of affect, obsolescence and precarity. And against all odds, this.



Opening Soon
Newington, Edinburgh


Home Entertainment
Clapton, London


Fix My iPhone
Clerkenwell, London


Untitled (Vodaphone)
Finchley, London


They Playin Playstation Games (o2)
Seven Sisters, London


I'm Lovin' It 1
Seven Sisters, London


I'm Lovin' It 2
London Bridge Station, London


Jesus Loves You
Piccadilly, London


Fall In Love Not In Line (Be The Change)
St Paul's, London


Was The Rider Using Ear Phones?
Aldgate, London


I Can't Help Myself
Stamford Hill, London


I Must Not Use Facebook at Work
Chalk Farm, London


Follow Fashion, Spend Money
Tottenham, London


Mystery Prize £1.00
Hackney, London


Reduced to Clear
Hackney, London


R U Homeless?
Greenpoint, New York


Home/Back to Your Journey
35000 ft above the Atlantic Ocean


Find Your Way
Red Hook, New York


I've Done It, I've Undone It
(Sue Tompkins at) Frieze Art Fair, London


I Have Done My Duty
Hackney, London


He's Got To Go
Holborn, London


Haunt The Government
Shoreditch, London


Change
Princes St, Edinburgh



Jesse Darling, 2012