Monday 28 June 2010

Thirty [Major Retrospective]

Last year I became pretty suspicious of words; how incantory they can be, how they can sneak up on you; and I'm getting too old for the naked public confessional, after all.
So this year I've decided to do what I said nobody ought ever to do, and publish my diary - that is to say, my notebooks. That's right; one page for each year of my twenties, written at some point during that year. And when I say I've come a long way - as have we all, as must we all - you can take this retrospective as concrete proof, and join me in looking forward: because - God Willing, and insh'Allah - I've still got hella far to go.



Twenty


Twenty-One


Twenty-Two


Twenty-Three


Twenty-Four


Twenty-Five


Twenty-Six


Twenty-Seven


Twenty-Eight


Twenty-Nine



... And breathe; and thirty.

Love to all, and take good care of everything,
JD xxx