Wednesday 25 November 2009

Keepin' Touch

"We'd said we'd keep in touch. But touch is not something you can keep; as soon as it's gone, it's gone. We should have said we'd keep in words, because they are all we can string between us - words on a telephone line, words appearing on a screen." - David Levithan


I should probably write more often, shouldn't I?
But I forget how to. Or why to. And for whom?
For you? For who?
And how should I presume?

It's not like nothing's been happening, after all. There's always something happening. It's just that it ain't always everybody's business; or else it is, of course it is, must be, all information like Linux, Open Source, open-sores; let the business of it all begin. But it can take time to find the right words, or the right reasons to tell the story. Let the story sit for a while; let it become what it needs to. Takes time. Worth waiting.

I think I'd go so far nowadays as to say that it's worth waiting for anything worth having. Who knew? I sure as hell didn't. I don't want to imply that I've got any time to wait, or anything - time is something else - like touch - that you can't keep and mustn't try to. Time is like molten glass; transparent and slippery, almost invisible, it moves quickly and with a certain viscosity before setting into shape. When set, it's a mirror; it's a stain.